Webinar ‘Legal English’ (Friday 27 August 2021)
€180,00 excl. btw
During this webinar ms. Kristin Blanpain provides an overview of the main do’s and dont’s when using the English language as a Belgian lawyer.
3 hours / 3 points (OVB – IBJ/IJE – Sam-Tes – ITAA)
During this webinar you will receive an overview of the main do’s and dont’s when using the English language as a Belgian lawyer. The teacher will focus on the most important vocabulary and grammatical principles for drafting emails and contracts. Special attention will be given to the most frequent mistakes that are made by Dutch and French speakers and how a message can be formulated clearly and concisely.
The webinar can be watched again afterwards during 15 days.
DATE AND TIME
- Friday 27 August 2021
- 13h – 16uh30
- Ms. Kristin Blanpain, Teacher ‘Legal English’ and ‘Legal Academic Writing’ (KU Leuven)
13h – 14h30: part 1
- Vocabulary problems (false friends and over-literal translation, translating terminology, collocations, register)
- Email writing (opening and closing an email, functional phrases, tone, common grammar problems)
15h – 16h30: part 2
- Writing contract clauses (the language of contracts, modal verbs)
- Writing clearly and concisely
- attorneys, company lawyers and magistrates
- accountants, tax consultants,…
- general management
€ 180 (excl. 21% vat)
Indien u beroep doet op de KMO-portefeuille, dient u enkel het BTW-bedrag over te schrijven. Voor de deelnameprijs, zijnde €180, kan u KMO-portefeuille aanvragen binnen de 14 dagen na de datum van de opleiding. Het erkenningsnummer voor de KMO-portefeuille van LegalNews is DV.O222464 (Fides Ganda BVBA)
Certificates can only be granted if the webinar was fully watched live.
- OVB: 3 points
- IBJ/IJE: 3 points
- Sam-Tes: 3 non-legal points
- ITAA (Category A): 3 hours
After registration you will receive a confirmation mail. The invoice will follow later.
The day before the webinar takes place you will receive a mail with the login and slides.